After you have created your online fundraising page, you will want to get the word out to build momentum. Here are five steps you should consider right away:
- Customize your page. Add your own images and text to the page.
- Set a goal. Show your network you're dedicated to your cause and won't rest until it's met.
- Donate to your page. Show your commitment to the cause by being the first person to make a donation on your page.
- Spread the word. Reach out to family, friends, co-workers or other close contacts to get your fundraiser started; it's easy to promote your own page on social media and send emails directly from the fundraising page.
- Update your supporters. Keep your audience engaged by posting progress updates on your fundraising page.